|Home > Services > Engineering > Mechanical and Piping/Pipeline Design
Piping Design and Modularization
Piping Stress Analysis
- Piping sizing and layout, maintaining an efficient layout and accessibility to all necessary components for both operability and maintenance.
- As part of piping design the efficient layout of equipment to minimize piping runs and unnecessary fabrication on site.
- The piping designers work in conjunction with engineering to provide a piping design that fits the overall process design of the facility.
- Experience with pre-packaged oilfield equipment layout and drawing package development.
- Experience with effective layout of piping modules, allowing for efficient piping layout and ensuring transportation restrictions are maintained.
Piping Spool Design
- Expertise in performing piping stress analysis for simple and complex piping systems and pipelines.
- Various methods of performing stress analysis for both ASME B31.1/B31.3 and CSA Z662, resulting in efficient piping designs within allowable code limits.
- Expertise to investigate beyond simple stress analysis approaches to find suitable solutions in complex piping systems without complicating the piping layout more than necessary.
- Piping designs suitable for fabrication of piping spools in a shop environment, transporting to site and field installation. Taking into account transportation restrictions, shop and site handling limitations and overall efficiency in the piping layout optimizes the pipe spooling.
- Extensive experience with internally coated piping and the limitations of piping spool geometry to ensure proper coating and coating inspection.